Do you run your own business full time? Or are you employed and growing a business on the side—your path to future freedom?
The Unexpected Breakdown
In either case…if there’s one thing that can ruin your day, it’s this: An unexpected breakdown. No, I’m not talking about your computer, car or fridge. (Although those mess up your day too!) I’m talking about business breakdowns. For example:
- Your beautiful Website attracts few visitors and sells nothing.
- The Business Cards you stressed over endlessly still aren’t quite right.
- Your 30-second pitch fails to engage interest—or follow through.
- The Sales Letter you started never gets finished… you keep perfecting it, instead of testing it.
- The monthly e-newsletters you planned never get written. There’s no ‘great news’… and you don’t want to lie.
The truth is, running your own business can be overwhelming and incredibly stressful. Especially at first, when you’re learning the ropes, building assets, working 2 (or more) jobs!
You know that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach when you realize, “I really blew it this time!” Now that everyone who warned you about the risks of starting a business believes you are incredibly successful…
What do you do? Who do you trust? Where do you turn to end the nightmare of uncertainty and the fear of failure?
Put YOUR Business on the Fastest Paths to Consistent Cashflow, Ideal Clients & Rave Reviews
My Risk-Free Guarantee Ensures You Win. There’s Nothing to Lose Except…
- The constant anxiety of worrying about how to make your monthly revenue targets.
- Feeling compelled to follow every ‘expert’ making BIG claims.
- The endless frustration of waiting, watching, hoping (and praying) for customers to show up and buy.
Yes, give ALL of that up. Rely on me for your marketing copy and sales systems—my team can take care of your social media and tech systems needs—and that’s it. You can focus on what YOU love and do exceptionally well, knowing you have experts taking care of what you’ve been trying, and failing, to do on your own.
- The Platforms, the Strategies, the Tools and the Tactics.
- What Works and What Doesn’t.
- What’s a “Shiny Object,” a Costly Time Waster… and
- What’s Time-Tested and Proven to Produce Solid Results.
How Can I Effectively Serve SO MANY Different Businesses?
- Bricks & Mortar Retail
- Online Retail
- Real & Virtual Memberships
- Independent Professional Practices, (Lawyers, Accountants, Photographers, Coaches, Dentists, Consultants, Therapists)
- Information Product & Educational Program Purveyors, (Educators, Trainers, Yoga Teachers, Teaching Centers).
- Innovative Entrepreneurs in Health, Medicine, Environmental Protection & Sustainability, Green Manufacturing. Engineering…
Simple! No matter what industry or profession you operate in, you want more ideal clients, greater profits and a way to stand out in the crowd. A way to make it easy for the customers who want what you offer to find and choose you.
Find out where you’re ripe for growth… Where you’re leaving money on the table… Book your Growth Prep call today!
The Elephant In The Room
No Business Owner launches an enterprise to fulfill a secret desire to become a marketer. NO! Yet too often, that’s what happens. Yes!
…When You Start A Business To:
✔ Enjoy a new lifestyle
✔ Pursue a passion and/or share your gifts
✔ Free yourself from the 9-5 grind
✔ Make a difference—to your children—in your community—in the world
✔ Make FAR more money than you EVER could as an employee
But now that you have your business, you’re spending WAY too much time trying to figure out how to attract customers and drive sales. And to do that you’re pulling your hair out trying to sort through and learn an overwhelming array of marketing tools, tactics and platforms. STOP that and START focusing on your passions, your gifts, your goals… Take OFF your marketing hat and get back to the work you love. Unless you want more frustration, confusion or stress…
Every Business Owner I work with has a story of what pushed them over the edge.
A situation that made them LONG to burn their business down, eat crow, give up, throw in the towel… Just go out and get a job.
Stories From The Edge: Business Breakdowns & Dilemmas
When I first met Zeke* he said: “I have no idea how to build a business around this product!” Has this happened to you?
- You have an idea for a product that tests successfully. It WORKS! After an emotional declaration to friends and family, 12 months later, you are up against the wall. You need to start generating revenue, but there’s just so much to do. You’re smart. You’re a DIY-er. You trust yourself to figure things out and you usually do. But it’s taking too much time and effort. It’s taking your eye off the prize.
I helped Zeke get focused and build the sound business structure and the tools he needed to gain exposure, attract loyal clients and sales.
It didn’t happen overnight, but he was amazed at the speed with which experts accomplished the tasks he had been struggling to learn. It all started with his Growth Prep session, a candid, focused 45-minute “onion peeling” conversation. (And no, no one cried!)
“I’m afraid I’m going to mess up this opportunity!” That’s what Jessie* said when she booked her Growth Prep call.
Have you ever been in this position?
- You’re invited to speak at an event that will expose your business, products and services to thousands of your ideal clients. You have 1 week to submit your materials, or you’ll lose your spot. You freak out, scramble to see which of your 30+ slide decks you can rework—FAST!
Instead of freaking out, Jessie sent me the details. My team and I prepared everything she needed to show up as the polished, memorable Influencer she IS. After her talk, audience members immediately lined up to buy her programs. Many of them also followed her on social media, and a few booked her to speak to their groups.
“My website got hacked – have I lost everything?” This was Anna’s* first question when we met. Unfortunately, far too often the answer to this question is a gut-wrenching, “Yes.” Have you ever been in this position?
- Your website gets hacked. You panic. Your heart hits the floor. Anger picks you up again. You slam some doors. But there’s no one to go after. No one to blame. So you turn your anger inward. WHY didn’t you buy that “Website Back-up Training” you saw advertised? Because your platform claimed to be “hack proof.” You put in a call to customer service, and after being on hold for 49 minutes, finally speak to a tech-support salesperson. There IS an auto-archive option. You are elated, gratefully pay $97 and watch your email for the download link. It arrives, and you unzip the file to find… code. Lots and lots of code. UGH! You reach for a bottle of wine, and proceed to drown your disappointment
My clients do NOT panic. My team backs up your site regularly. And we check the back ups, to be sure your content is intact. If we built your site, we’ll restore it. Your site recovery gets top priority. It’s up and running in no time… and you’re back in business! If this appeals to you contact me. I’ll give you peace of mind PLUS the structure and marketing assets you need achieve your business goals.
“Everyone tells me I need to sell products, as well as services. How do I choose the right product for me?” This is what Carolyn*(and many others) ask during their Growth Prep consultations. A busy Consultant, Carolyn wanted to sell more than her time. Selling a product would generate passive income for her retirement savings. But what product would stand out in the crowded market?
Do you want to earn more than you can by simply selling your time?
- It’s dusk on a Friday night and you’re still working while families gather in the park outside your office window. You’ve been working with coaching, or consulting clients all day. Now you’re out of time. You’ve earned your max. There are no more hours to sell. And you’re exhausted. On Monday, you’ll do it all again. You’re keeping up financially, but you’re not getting ahead. The quality of life you aimed for has not manifested. Having the “freedom” to set your own schedule has “imprisoned” you instead. You hear about people who are “making money while they sleep”… You want to launch a new product so you can add new passive revenue to your business. But you don’t know what that product looks like… Or what it will cost to develop it… Or how to sell it.
Don’t put yourself in a creative crucible. Talk to me instead, like Carolyn did. I’ll help you pinpoint the product(s) with the greatest sales potential and appeal to your audience. We’ll test the concepts to be sure there is a viable market for it/them. Then I’ll get you building it—WITH the support you need. While you’re doing that, I’ll get your sales strategy and marketing funnel DONE FOR YOU!
“I’m about to lose my shirt on this event. How do I turn this around?” Jeff* said, his conference date was approaching FAST and tickets weren’t selling. His feet were to the fire! Have you ever put yourself between this rock and that hard place?
- The event you are hosting has 4 registrants and it’s only 4 weeks away. Because you’re a new player, Sponsors hesitate to commit. You’ve put your reputation and savings on the line, shelling out thousands in deposits and guarantees. You’re on the hook for the venue, the food service, and a host of other costs. And now it looks like you’ll be feeding crickets. You keep reaching out. Prospective Sponsors and Participants are excited. But they are NOT taking ACTION! You need at least 40 registrants to cover your costs. Your stress levels are through the roof! Is it better to cut your losses? Or continue giving it all you’ve got, when that’s clearly NOT enough! How could your dream have turned into this nightmare?
Passion counts for a LOT, but in business, proven sales systems count for MORE. When Jeff asked for help with his event marketing. we stepped in and turned it around. It didn’t sell out, but we helped him sell 38 tickets and source 2 Sponsors, so his costs were covered. Of course, it’s better to contact me when you’re in the initial planning stages. That way my team and I can build the marketing and sponsorship tools you need to make your event a sold-out success. And while you can’t relax until it’s over, being certain of its financial success will reduce your stress levels significantly.
“It’s time to take myself out of the day-to-day. How do I hire a CEO to run my business?” This question came from David*, one of my first clients. He ran a Corporate Change Training business, as transforming workplaces was his passion. However, once his business was running profitably, he found his days filled with “CEO Tasks” that he disliked. He got to do little of the work he loved, planning and initiating positive change. Are you trying to figure out how to have it all?
- You’ve built a great business and now you want to enjoy the rewards. But HOW do you take yourself out of the driver’s seat? Part of you secretly doesn’t want to, after all, this business is YOUR baby. This part of you doesn’t believe anyone else will lead it as well as you have. So how do you step out of the day-to-day, find a worthy candidate and pass the baton, when there’s so much to be done?
- You want to grow your business so you have more time to enjoy the lifestyle you’ve earned. But you are wondering how to scale your business when, right now, you ARE your business.
Don’t sweat it. I’ll guide you through the extraction process, the vetting process, the scaling process and the on-boarding process to get your business working as well WITHOUT you as it did WITH you. I’ll get you to the place where you can breathe, relax, play, get away. (For more than a long weekend!) And your business will be running like clockwork when you return. And when you replace yourself with someone who LOVES “CEO Tasks,” your business will likely reach new heights of profitability!
“I’ve put my heart and soul into my business. How can I ensure it lives on once I step out?” This was Don’s* question. He had spent his entire professional life building, serving, promoting his approach to making a difference in the world… and succeeded. But he was ready to move on… To work less and spend more time with his wife, gown children and grand-kids… To make the most of his good health, while it lasted. Is this a concern you’re carrying?
- You’ve worked for years to build a body of work. Now you’re getting ready to step back, but… How can you ensure that your life’s work lives on? How you retire AND keep your legacy alive?
This is another place where we all lack objectivity, even as seasoned business leaders. Most corporations have succession plans. Few Consultants or Business Owners do. After the shocking, early death of my brilliant colleague, Dr. Jerry L Fletcher, I developed a “Legacy Program” to offer Business Owners, Coaches and Consultants a collaborative path to build your Legacy. To ensure that your life’s work continues to serve and inspire, to impact and influence, while generating self-sustaining revenue in the years to come. Contact me to learn more about our Legacy Program.
*Client names and identifying details have been changed to protect their privacy.
How often do these question come up?
More often than you may think! I’ve fielded thousands of calls like these from Coaches, Consultants and Business Owners. There are so many moving parts to manage when building and running a successfully business, it’s no wonder Business Owners get overwhelmed.
For example, one of our clients, Val,* is a personal trainer. She started her business to help people get fit and improve their nutrition. She’s got THAT handled. Yes, she even loves the chemical analysis of triglyceride chains! Geeky, but cool. What wasn’t cool were the late nights Val spent at her computer, watching training webinars, building sales funnels, writing email sequences, making videos, creating ads.
“It was pretty awful.” She told me. “I can write, so I thought I could do this. But that’s like saying someone who can make good lasagna can run a restaurant. Sounds like the same thing but it’s a whole different deal! It took SO MUCH time and effort. I didn’t enjoy it, and at the end of the day, my rookie DIY tools didn’t work as I expected. What a horrendous waste of time!” Val is happy to tell everyone how her life has changed since trusting us with her marketing. “Now I focus 100% of my time and energy doing what I love, training my clients, teaching nutrition, taking care of myself and my family. Now that I took off my marketing hat, life is GOOD!”
And here’s one more thing that might surprise you.
Even Business Owners WITH backgrounds in sales, marketing, and branding, contact me for help.
It truly is “Too hard to do our own stuff, well.” And the pros know just how much there is to do. So they’re happy to have us take on their marketing so they can do the work they love. Even it that’s helping their clients with THEIR marketing. Kind’a crazy – but true!
Here’s how one of our clients Sal*, who runs a marketing agency, describes his situation. “Our challenge has been to continue our own marketing efforts, while engaged in large scale client projects. Either our resources are funneled into completing our client projects or we are just too exhausted to continue marketing (for ourselves). As someone who helps clients grow their business, we suffer from,”the barefoot cobbler’s children” syndrome. It’s demoralizing for our team and it’s hurting us not to have top-tier material out there for ourselves. Clients may conclude, that if our own promotion is sub-par, we won’t do a good job for them either. And while nothing could be further from the truth, it’s a logical deduction that’s tough for us to overcome.”
Get OFF the Cashflow Rollercoaster
Many Business Owners think of marketing as an occasional activity. That’s why it’s so easy to get overwhelmed… When you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Consistent marketing creates a steady flow of clients and cash. Just like a faucet turns water on and off, marketing turns your cash flow on and off. Keep that faucet turned ON to eliminate ‘slowdowns’. There are plenty of other ‘coasters for you to ride, as a Business Owner… The Cashflow Rollercoaster is NOT one you want to be on!
Our client, Al*, a health coach, explained what convinced him to hire us: “My challenges include anything involving writing (social media, newsletters, etc.) Writing literally paralyzes my progress. I also struggle to move my many ideas to implementation. I get overwhelmed with the number of ideas, so most go nowhere.”
A new Business Owner client, Yali* admitted, “Social media is a BIG challenge for me. What do I promote? How do I promote it? How can I structure it so I can get posts done for the day or week, quickly and easily? Oh, and hashtags – what are they? What do they do? Do I do a lot or not so many? What speech or script do I use if I want a business to buy my services? What are the best of the million ways I can advertise and promote my services? How can I get my clients to write more reviews on Facebook or Google?”
If You Have a Wooden Tooth, Do You Consult a Carpenter, or a Dentist?
Millions of information experts pitch products. Most are online sales experts. The products they sell may (or may not) do what they claim. These experts focus on narrow niches, such as writing a book, producing a training program, building a sales funnel, mastering Facebook… That’s smart on their part (we’re all for niche marketing) but it causes BIG problems for you. Do you buy:
- Retargeting Ad Strategies from Pitchman #1?
- Sales Funnel Secrets from Pitchman #2?
- Instagram Influencer Training from Pitchman #3?
- Learn to Write Killer Content from Pitchman #4?
- Top Selling Ads from Pitchman #5?
- Affiliate Wealth Secrets from Pitchman #6?
Do you really have time to learn ALL of these skills, create ALL these things and then somehow figure out how try to integrate them all WHILE running your business? Do you even want to? And if you do, how good will your ‘first time’ efforts be? Believe it or not…
It would be MUCH easier and faster to go to a scrapyard, find old car parts and get a clunker rebuilt and running. In the end, at least you’d know if the car WORKED! That’s what’s tough about marketing. You can do what Val did, take the courses, put in the effort, do your best, and after all that, see it fail! Or you can contact me and get me and my team of marketing experts to get it done right, the first time!
20+ years of supporting Business Owners gives me deep insight into your daily challenges, like…
Organization. There are endless options when it comes to business systems. What works initially may not work as growth happens.
Prioritization. There’s so much that could be done, how do you focus your time and energy on the most efficient/effective tasks?
Cashflow. You know investing in marketing will grow your business but… How much? Where? When? And how, when times are tough? Or during start up, when you have so many expenses and no revenue (yet).
Your Ideal Target Market. You may have profiled them but don’t know where to find them. And it’s easy to be distracted and sell to non-ideal customers in the pursuit of cash flow.
Sales Prospecting. You need to get comfortable reaching out and selling. You also need to get comfortable with rejection.
Time Management. There’s SO much to do, how do you balance your time between your business, your family and yourself.
Would You Hire a Mason to Do Electrical Work?
Of course not. But.. you’re not an electrician, so you hire ‘blind.’ Choosing from who you can find, who you can afford, based on references and reputation. So before you hire us, talk to my clients (most of my new clients come to me by referral—the very BEST marketing). Read our reviews, assess my reputation. Book your Growth Prep call. If I’m not a good fit I will refer you to other resources. Marketing is what my team and I do all day—every day. We read the trade press. We keep up on the latest tech innovations, market shifts and trends, so you don’t have to. Marketing is what we love. It’s what we know. It’s what we do.
Want the Biggest Bang for Your Marketing Buck?
Don’t take on the DIY burden. Let us serve you. Don’t try to figure it out on your own. Use our expertise and experience to build the plan that’s best for your business. Once we’ve done that, we’ll develop and deliver all of the elements. And… I’ll show you how to use them, in your “owners and operators” training. THAT you DO need to know! We’ll bring all the passion, creativity, expertise and enthusiasm you offer YOUR clients, to YOU!
For all of these reasons, over the past 20 years, my team and I have grown too. Our commitment to our clients is recognized. We’re trusted to serve hundreds of different businesses, to deliver new clients, new sales and new revenue.
Choose MIBOSO and get a team of experienced marketing experts. We don’t guess, we know. And if we don’t know, we find out. Your peace of mind has to be worth at least that. We’re with you for the long haul.
Click here to book your Growth Prep consultation. You’ll find out how we will propel your business to the success you desire… while freeing you to enjoy the lifestyle you’ve earned!
Our Marketing Prescriptions ARE 100% customized to YOUR business. To give you a sense of what we may prescribe for you, our most popular services are described here.